In our evaluations, we use the following state-of-the-art Diagnostic Tools.
- Computerized Assessment of Postural Stability (CAPS)
- Videonystagmography (VNG)
- Gait Analysis
- Bio Impedance Analysis (BIA)
- Cold or Warm Calorics
- Saccadometer Testing
- Neuro-Sensory Integration Testing
- Multiple System Assessment (MSA)
- Body Composition Analysis
COMPUTERIZED ASSESSMENT OF POSTURAL STABILITY (CAPS)
With this technology we are able to diagnose posture and balance disorders. CAPS evaluates the various systems – sensory, motor and central nervous – that affect posture and balance.
During this evaluation you stand on a horizontal platform challenging your ability to maintain balance. The computerized platform tracks all movements, even those not seen with the naked eye, to measure your body’s reactions.
Measurements from these tests are combined with measurements from the VNG testing to help Dr. Ala or Dr. Kelly further pinpoint the affected areas of the brain. This also serves as an objective measure for tracking patient progress or decline.
Using a trained eye our doctors will assess your gait (walk) and posture to determine neurological function. Your posture and they way you carry your frame has a direct correlation to brain function.
The ratio between your body’s percentage of muscle and fat is very important. The more body fat you have, the more inflammation you have in your body.
During weight loss, a bathroom scale doesn’t tell you whether you lost muscle, water or fat. And are those ratios healthy? You could easily be losing muscle—not fat—and not know it.
Inflammation means arthritis, stresses on your liver, adrenal glands and immune system. The higher the inflammation in your body, the more significant your risk for other diseases, including heart disease.
VisualEyes Spectrum VNG is the proven technology for testing patients with dizziness and balance disorders. VNG tests include nystagmus with and without vision, pursuit tracking, saccade and optokinetic ocularmotor tests. Vestibular function tests with an air or water caloric irrigator can help identify the side of a vestibular weakness. VisualEyes Spectrum has the options to use VORTEQ, VHIT, torsion, and pupillometry and can be used with electrodes or the digital light bar.
BIO IMPEDANCE ANALYSIS (BIA)
A BIA is a test that measures the overall state of your health. The test itself is comprised of gathering some data such as your age, weight, height, blood pressure, etc that is entered into the computer.
Two small electrode leads are placed on your foot, and another two on your hand. The actual test has a small electrical current that passes through your body– which is harmless and you can't feel. This test takes about 15 minutes.
The results of your BIA give the doctors the information to monitor your energy levels, toxicity, inflammation and effective response to your individual treatment plan. Several of these ‘markers’ are used to not only determine your health on a cellular level, but are important for measuring and monitoring your progress down the road.
BIA also measures body fat and muscle levels– two of the most important factors in aging. No other test provides all this information so quickly and accurately.
Once your BIA is done, you’ll come back in a few days to meet with Dr. Ala or Dr. Kelly to go over your BIA results, and your personalized plan. Approximately 30 days later, you’ll come back for another BIA to measure your progress.
Multiple Systems Assessment (MSA)
Multiple Systems Analysis is used to assess and evaluate a patient’s overall health using acupuncture meridians associated with different parts of the body.
What to Expect With the Assessment
- BioScan MSA is NON invasive, pain free, and tolerated well by children.
- BioScan MSA creates a complete circuit (like and EEG or EKG) using highly sensitive ohm meter that measures the flow of energy between each acupuncture meridian point and organ.
- 48 acupuncture points will be tested on the hands and feet
- A colorful and comprehensive graph illustrating the point readings will be displayed showing the current, measurable activity discovered in the testing.(add pictures)
Typically, a reassessment will be scheduled for 3-6 months with a repeated BioScan MSA testing to compare the results and to measure progress.
Common Conditions screened using BioScan MSA:
- General ill health
- Low Energy
- Low Libido
- High Blood Pressure
- Hair Loss
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Dry Skin
- IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)
- Allergies (Food and Environmental)
- Chronic Pain
- Neurologic Disorders
Results of A BioScan MSA
- BioScan MSA evaluates the state of your body’s Energetic Health and gives feedback whether the body is in a state of homeostasis, a state of stress/inflammation or in a state of weakness.
- Each organ system is assessed by utilizing testing points on Acupuncture Meridians and Channels. If the Meridians are blocked, illness or chronic disease is inevitable.
- BioScan MSA evaluates the body’s response to environmental toxins, stressors, emotions.
- BioScan MSA evaluates food sensitivities/allergies
- BioScan MSA evaluates environmental sensitivities/allergies
- BioScan MSA provides feedback assisting the doctor in the nutritional and supplemental recommendations that may help strengthen and balance your body.