Our Doctors are licensed, Functional Neurologists. Each patient diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease presents with a unique set of symptoms. We examine each patient with this uniqueness in mind.
❏ Interview and Examination. We perform a comprehensive bedside neurologic interview and examination to uncover or discover abnormalities or insufficiencies in the body, with Parkinson’s we are looking at the following:
● Constipation/Abdominal distension/Digestive irregularity
● Shoulder pain / Frozen Shoulder history
● Slowness of Movement
● Rigidity of muscles. Muscle cramping
● Loss of Balance / Coordination / Complex Movements
● Tremor: Central(head/trunk) vs. Peripheral (hands/feet)
● Cognitive Deficits
● Micrographia (small handwriting)
● Loss of Smell
❏ Testing: After establishing a working diagnosis, additional adjunct testing may be prescribed to gain further understanding of your neurologic dysfunction/disease. Adjunct testing provides additional invaluable information about the functional state of your nervous system.
❏ Treatment Plan: An individualized treatment plan is established for you, based on the examination and testing results. Outside medical records and diagnostic imaging studies (CT, MRI, X-ray, Labs) are gathered, reviewed and utilized in establishing a care plan.
● Eye movement
● Complex movements
● Autonomic Nervous System regulation
● Vestibular Treatments
● Mirror Imaging
● Light Simulation, Colored Lenses, Sound Stimulation
● Laser therapy
● Nutritional Support
❏ Measure Progress: We consistently measure your progress and compare it to your baseline results to help guide us in your measurable recovery.